Re: [Condor-users] General file stage-in Condor-G

Hi,

not really a clean solution, but you can always pass file_stage_in parameter directly to Globus GRAM with globusrsl attribute.

Cheers,
emir

Gabriel Mateescu wrote:
Hello, I would like to do file stage-in in Condor-G, such that the source file is not on the file system local to Condor-G, but on a remote GridFTP server. Condor-G supports staging-in files from the submit machine to a GT4 Grid Resource, e.g.,
  transfer_input_files = /path/to/file

is translated by Condor-G to
<fileStageIn>
<transfer> <sourceUrl>gsiftp://LOCAL_HOSTNAME:40000/path/to/file</sourceUrl>
<destinationUrl>file:///${GLOBUS_SCRATCH_DIR}/job_HASH/file/</destinationUrl>r
</transfer>
</fileStageIn>

which works well since Condor-G starts a local GridFTP server.

Assume now that the input file is on another machine with a GridFTP service, call it FILESERVER. Then I would like to have the semantics of

transfer_input_files = gsiftp://FILESERVER/path/to/file but Condor does not allow the value of transfer_input_file to be the URL of a remote file.
Is there another way to achieve this functionality?

Thank you.
Gabriel