From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Greg.Hitchen@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, 12 July 2006 1:15 PM
To: condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Condor-users] Using more available nodes - User priorities?

We have a user running ~120 jobs per night. At the moment no other users are submitting jobs.

We have a total of ~200 execute nodes available. He gets a max of ~70-80 jobs running at once.

i.e. there are still ~120 nodes available but not getting used. Would increasing his priority get him more machines. From reading the docs I have a feel for how this works when multiple users are submitting jobs and competing for resources but how does this work when there is only one user?

Is there some sort of limit to one user only being able to use a certain fraction of available nodes?
i.e. Are some "reserved" in case other users submit jobs? Would increasing his priority get him more nodes if he is the only user?

BTW these couple of hundred nodes are in 3 different pools with flocking enabled.

Thanks.

Cheers

Greg

Greg Hitchen                                            greg.hitchen@xxxxxxxx
CSIRO Exploration and Mining                            phone:ᄉ 8 6436 8663
Australian Resources Research Centre (ARRC)     fax:    ᄉ 8 6436 8555
Postal address:                                         mob:    0407 952 748
PO Box 1130, Bentley WA 6102, Australia Street Address:
26 Dick Perry Avenue, Kensington WA 6151

********************************DISCLAIMER****************************
The information contained in the above e-mail message or messages
(which includes any attachments) is confidential and may be legally
privileged.  It is intended only for the use of the person or entity
to which it is addressed.  If you are not the addressee any form of
disclosure, copying, modification, distribution or any action taken
or omitted in reliance on the information is unauthorised.  Opinions
contained in the message(s) do not necessarily reflect the opinions
of the Queensland Government and its authorities.  If you received
this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete it from your computer system network.