Re: [Condor-users] PASSWORD authentication problem

--On 24 July 2006 10:46 -0500 Greg Quinn <gquinn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dr Ian C. Smith wrote:
Operation failed.
    Make sure you have CONFIG access to the target Master.

You'll want to make sure that whatever machine you are running the
condor_store_cred command from is in the HOSTALLOW_CONFIG macro (I'm
assuming you are using host-based security here.)

I tried this on the execute host but I still got the same error. Used
the IP address, fully qualified name and even *.

If the account you are using is common across all the machines in your
pool, you should be able to set HOSTALLOW_CONFIG to your central manager
hostname, and then use:

condor_store_cred -c -n hostX.domain.com add

from the CM to set any machine's pool password. The password will be
encrypted and sent to the destination machine.

Got the same error for this and it warned me that the password would be
sent as cleartext. Does condor_pool need to exist as a user on the execute
host or CM ?

Greg