Re: [Condor-users] Condor to PBS

On Jun 28, 2006, at 9:12 PM, Ryan Garver wrote:

Is there an established mechanism for going from Condor to PBS (in a
Condor-C like way) assuming that Globus is not available.  I seems
that there are two ways of getting to a batch queue system that are
advertised.  The simplest seems to be through Globus using glidein.
The second is the "grid_resource = pbs | lsf" which seems to depend
on glite (this may be in error, I'm not sure about how to set this
up).  Is there a "poor man's" method for this, or a simpler way to
use glidein without Globus.  Thanks.

The necessary files from glite are included in the Condor distribution. Note that this allows you to submit jobs to a local PBS or LSF system. To submit to a remote PBS or LSF system, you'll need to set up a condor schedd on the remote headnode.

|           Jaime Frey           | I used to be a heavy gambler.     |
|       jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx        | But now I just make mental bets.  |
| http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/ | That's how I lost my mind.        |