[Condor-users] Using DAGManJobID for job priority

Hi, I've just upgraded to 6.8.0, and I'm trying to figure out how to use the DAGManJobID attribute to set the job priority of dag children. I actually mailed the list a while ago about exactly what I'm trying to do: https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/condor-users/2005-February/msg00089.shtml

I see this in the release notes:

# The DAGManJobID attribute which condor_dagman inserts into the classad of every job it submits now contains only its cluster ID (instead of a cluster.proc ID pair), so that it may be referenced as an integer in DAG job submit files. This allows, for example, a user to automatically set the relative local queue priority of jobs based on the condor_dagman job that submitted them, so that jobs submitted by ``older'' DAGs will start before jobs submitted by ``newer'' DAGs (assuming they are otherwise identical).

This seems to be exactly what I want, but I can't get it to work.  If I add:

priority = DAGManJobID

or

priority = "DAGManJobID"

to a sub-job submit file, the classAd for the job when it's running just says that JobPrio=0.

Can anyone give me an example?  I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

-Mike