Re: [Condor-users] Urgent, any security breach?

Dear all,

We recently reported some of our observation upon installing Condor onto a new pool of PCs. We observed the establishment of a connection using IP address of 64.4.xx.xx via HTTPS from SVCHOST. After obtaining more technical suggestions from the Condor Development Team, we have conducted another thorough testing on several PCs, with and without CONDOR installed. We found that the 64.4.xx.xx connected is always established, and thus this is not a problem of Condor.

We are indeed very sorry for this false alarm. For your information, we have already been very successful in porting many of our HPC users' programs to work in our pilot Condor setup. Because of the success,
we have requested to our management in installing Condor onto most of
the other PCs in our student labs.  This is why we are so conscious on the
security concern.

Thanks again for the excellent Condor software and the valuable helps
that have been given.

W.K. Kwan
Computer Centre
University of Hongkong