Re: [Condor-users] has anyone got SSL working

Hello,

> I'd be interested to hear of any positive experiences
> with SSL authentication. I followed a recent thread:
>
> <https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/condor-users/2006-July/msg00073.shtml>
>
> but things didn't look too promising. Using solaris 9 manager/submit
> hosts and win xp execute hosts. Condor 6.7.20 (prob 6.8.0 soon).

After some more testing I have determined that SSL with Windows machines does
not work (condor_master and condor_startd crash on startup). On the other
hand, on Linux machines, we managed to make SSL work, albeit a small
workaround around a bug that should be fixed in 6.8.1 (as stated in the
release notes of 6.8.0).

Unfortunately I did not manage to test SSL with Solaris, as for the moment I
have only Solaris x86 boxes, and there is no Solaris/x86 binaries provided
(any chance to get them one day?)

I would say that SSL is still not ready to be used in pools involving Windows
machines, but in pools consisting of only Linux (or Unix-based) machines, it
seems OK.

I hope that this helps clarifying the situation with SSL (at least the
situation from our point of view, maybe others managed to make it work
better?)...

regards,

Pascal