Re: [Condor-users] Condor feature suggestion: automatically compressed output files

On Thursday 27 July 2006 17:30, uni-ulm.m.roehm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I recently asked for a similar feature. For now I just wrote a wrapper
> script which compresses the output before it is returned to the submitting
> machine.
Well, script has several problems (in addition to the hassle of having an
additional level of scripting in the jobs). If the files generated are very
large and highly redundant, it is possible for the uncompressed version to be
prohibitively large, while the compressed file size would be reasonable.

In addition, our installation stores all the files over NFS - you can see that
compressing them after the fact adds significant overhead which would be
eliminated by compressing on the fly.

BTW., is there some system of bug/feature tracking in place?

Regards,
Alex