From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alex Gontmakher
Sent: donderdag 27 juli 2006 16:40
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Condor feature suggestion:
automaticallycompressed output files

On Thursday 27 July 2006 17:30, uni-ulm.m.roehm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:
> I recently asked for a similar feature. For now I just wrote a wrapper

> script which compresses the output before it is returned to the
> submitting machine.
Well, script has several problems (in addition to the hassle of having
an additional level of scripting in the jobs). If the files generated
are very large and highly redundant, it is possible for the uncompressed
version to be prohibitively large, while the compressed file size would
be reasonable.

In addition, our installation stores all the files over NFS - you can
see that compressing them after the fact adds significant overhead which
would be eliminated by compressing on the fly.

BTW., is there some system of bug/feature tracking in place?

Regards,
Alex