Re: [Condor-users] [nmi-users] automated nightly builds

Yeah, that's the current way everyone does it.

Andy Pavlo is actually working on some cool native Condor mechanisms to support this kind of recurrent scheduling in a more reliable way than cron[*], and as soon as they're available we plan to use use them in the NMI B&T system to offer more robust B&T scheduling as a built-in feature -- but for the time being, cron is it.

-Peter

[*] E.g., worrying about how to express and enforce clear semantics on exactly when to execute, how to execute on time, what happens when you miss an execution window, what to do when subsequent executions overlap, etc. I.e., avoiding all the age-old problems of cron, when jobs do unexpected things. Nice stuff.