Re: [Condor-users] specifying lots of machines in 'Requirements'

Have you considered advertising a custom attribute in the machine ClassAds that advertises their suitability for the task? Then you can simply phrase your requirements in terms of the value of this custom attribute, rather than giving an explicit list of machines.

If you really must include a huge number of things in your requirements expression, and you are hitting an internal limit in Condor, you might try breaking the expression into multiple sub-expressions. Example:

+MachineList1 = Machine=="machine001" || Machine=="machine002" || ...
+MachineList2 = Machine=="machine101" || Machine=="machine102" || ...
Requirements = MachineList1 || MachineList2 || ...

Hopefully you can avoid that, though.

--Dan

Philipp Zehnder wrote:

Hi

Is it possible to specify a large number of machines in the 'Requirements' section, in an OR connection, e.g.:

Requirements = Machine=="machine001" || Machine=="machine002" || ...

The problem is that condor produces an error if this list is too long. I saw that it's possible to give multiple lines of Requirements but they are connected by AND. Also, that only work for different kinds of requirements. If specifying machines like that, they are just overwritten.

I cannot use the inverted form (Machine!="machineXX" && Machine!="machineYY") because machines might appear that are not suitable for my task, but which cannot be determined through condor.

Thanks
Philipp