[Condor-users] Newbie configuration problem

I've got condor installed on a FC5 box and after a couple of weeks or SAN problems I'm finally ready to start testing it. I have only one machine in the pool for now, but I plan on expanding when I get comfortable enough with one. Here's my problem:

I followed the installation instructions and have a condor user setup along with a /home/condor directory. Now I'm following the examples on compiling for condor, but when I do a condor_submit (after setting up the CONDOR_CONFIG variable I get this message:

ERROR: Can't read config source /home/condor/condor_config.local

(This is with a regular user account (my own). The installation instructions aren't real clear on this point. Everyone has read access to that file, so I can't understand the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

--
Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415