[Condor-users] shared condor config files and condor_reconfig

In most of the condor pools I set up, I have condor set up
in the /opt/condor directory, with the standard config files
being /opt/condor/etc/condor_config and /opt/condor/local/condor_config.local.
There is only one collector, negotiator, schedd, and the
rest of the nodes run startd only.
The config files are not shared between any of the nodes. In this case, I know I have
to execute a condor_reconfig command on each node independently
whenever the config files are changed.

What happens when all nodes in the cluster would share the
same CONDOR_CONFIG file, through NFS.  When that file
is changed, would a condor_reconfig on the master automatically
propagate the configuration out to each of the startds, or
does condor_reconfig still have to be executed on each node
independently?  (Presuming a change that affected the startd was made)?

What about a condor_reconfig -all?  Will that work in the
case of shared config file as well as non-shared ones?

Thanks

Steve Timm

Steven C. Timm, Ph.D  (630) 840-8525  timm@xxxxxxxx  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Fermilab Computing Div/Core Support Services Dept./Scientific Computing Section
Assistant Group Leader, Farms and Clustered Systems Group
Lead of Computing Farms Team