Re: [Condor-users] Regarding customization of Installation on Condor

Hi !

As I have not done the installation myself, I asked the Desktop people how they deployed our ~1300 PCs Windows.
This was the answer:

1  Extract the contents of the original condor client .exe - this provided us with a
setup.exe and a load of other files used for installing the client - if I remember
correctly there was no extraction switch - so I ran the exe and when it started
asking for info I found all the extracted contents in my user profiles temp folder -
I then copied the contents to a safe location 'cause the installer deletes it when
it's finished or cancelled
2  On a clean or virtual PC - run the setup.exe using the /r option to create a
setup.iss file - the /r option is a recorder that records all your configuration
needs into the .iss file - if you make a mistake or want to modify an option you can
edit the iss file with a text editor
3  Copy the iss file to the same folder as the setup.exe - the iss file is normally
created at %WIN%
4  Run the setup.exe /s - this then installs the client silently using the iss file
- normally we check for a successful install by checking the exitcode of the
setup.exe - in condor's case an exitcode=4243784 seems to indicate success instead
of the usual 0
5  Copy the modified condor_config.local file into place and restart the condor service

Hope this is from any help...

Best regards,

Michael Hess
PlymGrid Officer