[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Condor-users] Newbie ?s
- Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 22:39:54 -0400
- From: "Christopher Jon Jursa" <cjursa@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Condor-users] Newbie ?s
I have recently been included in a project requiring Condor version 6.7.
I would like to run this on a machine with Fedora Linux Core 5. However on
the download page at
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/cgi-bin/downloads/download.pl/v6.7 I only see
downloads for Fedora Linux Core 1 through 4.
I tried downloading 6.7.19 for Core 4 and I double clicked on the RPM file
to install. However, when I try to execute the instruction "sh
/opt/condor-6.7.19/sbin/condor_master" as indicated at
26000000000000000, I get an error message saying "binary file cannot be
I have a series of questions below.
1) Would this be caused by the Core 4 version I selected? Is there a Core 5
version available anywhere?
2) Also, the "<release_dir>/etc/condor_config" file indicated on the same
aforementioned web page, is in my "/opt/condor-6.7.19/sbin" directory. What
problems will this cause?
3) Should I use the RPM command to install Condor in the Terminal window?
If so, can someone give me the exact syntaxt to install in my "/opt/"
Christopher Jon Jursa
School of Information Sciences
University of Pittsburgh