Re: [Condor-users] Newbie ?s

Hi Christopher,

I am using the tgz version of Fedora Core 4. This is wokring fine on our servers here and is keeping the 1100 machines busy.
I would recommand you to use this one. Unpacking this in the /opt directory will give you a directory called condor-6.7.19.

You then run the installer. This installer will ask you where to create a new directory and put the files...

Just use the tgz, this should work for you.

You should also take care, that there are no other condor_configs around...
places to look for them is /etc/condor /home/<username> and /home/condor

The best thing will be to uninstall the rpm. The logfiles also report normally what config_file they use...

Best regards,

Michael Hess
PlymGrid Officer
University of Plymouth