Re: [Condor-users] condor_status and strings

Hi all

Thanks for the suggestions...

Using single quotes didn't work (condor_status -constraint 'CondorVersion ==
"$CondorVersion: 6.6.11 Mar 23 2006$"')

even with escape character combinations I tried earlier, it's probably
something to do with the Windows shell...

Using format worked a treat (condor_status -format "%s\t" CondorVersion -format
"%s\n" Name)

I should play around with the format option more often, I bet it can do a great
many things...

Thanks again

James

---

James Osborne
High End Computing Support Engineer
Information Services, Cardiff University, 50 Park Place, Cardiff CF10 3AT,
Wales UK
Tel: +44(0)29 2087 4657
Fax: +44(0)29 2087 4285
Email: osborneja1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/insrv/condor

On Jun 13, 2006, at 3:24 AM, James Osborne wrote:

> condor_status -constraint CondorVersion == \"$CondorVersion: 6.6.11
> Mar 23 2006 $\"

maybe it's just your shell, but i always use:

condor_status -constraint 'CondorVersion == "$CondorVersion: 6.6.11
Mar 23 2006$"'

and it always works fine.  (notice that the entire constraint
argument needs to be enclosed in single quotes).

good luck,
-derek