Re: [Condor-users] Interactive jobs

On Feb 28, 2006, at 6:24 PM, john.li@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Bruce and Jaime

I took your suggested values and modified the global config file, then did
condor_reconfig -all.
The problem persisted.    I then used the same values and modified all
execution host local config files.
That seems to be he trick.   Now all my local config files have the
following expressions

ANT_SUSPEND = False
WANT_VACATE = False
VACATE = False
PREEMPT = False
SUSPEND = False
START = True

After condor_reconfig -all, the xterm session does NOT disappear anymore.
:-)
I'm not sure if my explanation make sense, but it seems to be true to me.

If the same parameter appears in the global and local config files, the local version wins.

|           Jaime Frey           | I used to be a heavy gambler.     |
|       jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx        | But now I just make mental bets.  |
| http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/ | That's how I lost my mind.        |