Re: [Condor-users] timeout reading buffer

On Mar 1, 2006, at 1:12 PM, Maxim Kovgan wrote:

Hi, Preston.

Qs:
* Are you using host based firewalls ?
 No.

* Can you look at /var/log/messages too ?

 Nothing syslogged besides gridftp connections.

* Are you using a good equipment (routers/switches) ?

Yea. All my condor gear is directly connected into a Cisco 6509 core switch.
 Cluster nodes are all on cisco 4948 leaf switches with 10 Gbit links
 back to said core switch.

* What is the topology of your network ?
 see above

I suspect the problem is either with OS or network, anyway, not condor related.

This schedd has been humming along busily for weeks, right up until it got to
 about 3000 jobs queued up.

The problem goes away when I hold half or so of the jobs in this schedd. Now, with a large chunk of the queue held, condor's negotiated and started hundreds of jobs like it should. I've got the queue drained by now, though, just by
 holding a big chunk, and periodically releasing 6-700 jobs..

 So while I never really solved the problem, I've worked around it.

-Preston

--
Preston Smith  <psmith@xxxxxxxxxx>
Systems Research Engineer