Re: [Condor-users] howto avoid that a job is being evicted

Many thanks for this answer. This would help me much.
But I have one problem with rank.

- I use more virtuell machines than I have cpu's (this is because I want that
all users get cpu power instantly, I will add as much cpu's as possible so
there will be not more than 2 jobs per cpu)
-  I use default_rank to use free machines first (higher rank for vm1)

now the question:
can I use the default_rank and a constant rank at the same time?
I use one configuration file (not shared) which is the same on each machine,
in this I use the
default_rank
can I use know a rank=0 statement in the local configuration file at the same
time?

My problem is: if I use
PREEMPTION_REQUIREMENTS=FALSE
is then the default_rank still used?
If I understand it correct rank=0 ist the default. Therefore if
PREEMPTION_REQUIREMENTS=FALSE
and default_rank can be used at the same time my problem would be solved?

Harald