Re: [Condor-users] Library access problem

ok that was humiliating but accept that to err is to human :).

the problem is fixed. thanks for the close obvservation.

now there is another problem.

this matrix inversion application generates some files, probably which contains the inverted matrix.

how do i get that back into my home directory.

i know how to redirect output into the file but i dont know how to instruct condor to place the resultant output file in a particular directory?

@Dheepak,

I think if you have NIS set up properly on all systems of the pool, your job will run as you , no matter where you submit it from and where it is actually executed. right Erik?

Erik Paulson <epaulson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 07:15:49PM -0800, Junaid N. Sahibzada wrote:
> enivornment = LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib:/nfs/mid/projects/Registration/vtkCISG/lib:/nfs/mid/projects/Registration/vtkCISG/tcl/vtkview/include:/usr/local/lib/vtk:/nfs/mid/projects/Registration/vtkCISG/lib:/nfs/mid/homes/sah006/bhautik

environment is misspelled. Alas, condor doesn't complain when this happens.

(Actually - we're thinking about changing it so it does complain when
it sees a word it doesn't use - what it breaks is macros, right now you
can do:

some_missplledd_werd = foo

executable = $(some_missplledd_werd)

what we'd change it to is is

set macro_name = macro_value
executable = $(macro_name)

And if condor_submit saw anything other than a keyword it knew, 'set', or
'+', it would complain.

There are a couple of options to make it backwards-compatiable with old
submit files. Does anyone out there have strong feelings about this?)

-Erik