Re: [Condor-users] Problem with java reqirements

I dunno exactly but...i guess in my opinion...

redhat brings with it...gnu java....and most users install sun java ...

you can install which ever and how many ever versions of java u want....but u can change the way....as which java is invoked when a program needs java...

in my case...my friend installed sun java without removing gnu java which comes with redhat..

he just changed the path that decides which java to be used when a program requires java...

with this...u dont have to force yourself to use one java type...but ....tailor to your needs as and when required..

hope this comes handy to your use...

sirish
Gino <ginofiliberti2@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Gino wrote:

>Srinivasan wrote:
>

>>Hi,

>>>Sun jdk 1.5.0_5

>>>Yes: Pentium 4 with HT.
>>>

>>I too had the same problem. This only happens with sun JVM and nodes
>>configured in multiple vm under condor(vm1@host,vm2@host etc).
>>
>>I then managed to use Blackdown's JVM where i needed multip! le VM's+java
>>

>It works? Only install is needed, or you had to tweak the installation?
>

>>and configured not to use multiple vm's under condor where i am obliged
>>to use sun JDK.
>>

>How can I configure Linux in order to not use multiple vm, without
>changing the kernel?
>

>>If anybody else can give some other solution rather than my hacks would
>>be great.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Srinivasan.

>Thank you very much.

I want only to tell you that you are very kind. I installed java
blackdown and everything works fine.