Re: [Condor-users] Newbie question about Perl programs

I guess that what I'm confused about is why it won't just execute the
line myProg.pl, when it is a recognizable command as far as Windows is
concerned.  That is, I've associated the .pl extension with the Perl
interpreter, and so Perl files run like executables from command
prompts within Windows.

I'll look into the USER_JOB_WRAPPER and the pl2bat ideas.  The batch
files I tried work, but they require more care in writing the submit
file (one more file to pass, etc.), and one additional level of
interaction to muddle the logic.

Is this why there is a separate Java universe?  Is it otherwise
difficult to submit a job with executable "java.exe", and program name
and command line parameters as arguments?

Thanks for all the help!

Darin