[Condor-users] START_LOCAL_UNIVERSE = TotalLocalJobsRunning setting

Hi All,

I am trying to limit the number of jobs that can be submitted in the local
universe. I set

START_LOCAL_UNIVERSE = TotalLocalJobsRunning < 10

in the main condor_config file and restarted condor service. Now I submit
condor jobs locally using universe=local. These are simple "sleep 180"
jobs.

The problem is - this START_LOCAL_UNIVERSE setting seems to have no effect
on the number of jobs I can submit whatsoever. I can submit, for example,
15 jobs and they all run simultaneously as shown by 'condor_q -constraint
"JobUniverse == 12"'.

Condor details:

$CondorVersion: 6.7.17 Feb 18 2006 $
$CondorPlatform: I386-LINUX_RH9 $