[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Condor-users] feasable policy?
- Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 18:10:46 -0400
- From: Andy Roosen <andrew.roosen@xxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Condor-users] feasable policy?
I'm trying to work out if the following set of policy requirements can
be met using Condor 6.6.
We have a bunch of machines that are dedicated to doing computation.
Some of the machines "GM" have been bought by a group "G". An ideal policy
would be the following:
Jobs submitted by people in G:
1) Prefer to run on machines in GM if available.
2) otherwise, if any machine is available, run it there
3) otherwise, preempt a job running on GM owned by someone not in G
Jobs submitted by people not in G:
4) If a machine not in GM is available, run there
5) otherwise, run on GM
I believe I know how to implement 1,2,4,5. I'm having trouble with 3; I
get the impression that it involves PREEMPTION_REQUIREMENTS, but can't
see how that can be used to distinguish between machines.
- Andrew R. Roosen, Ph.D.
- Computer Operations Administrator, CTCMS
- National Institute of Standards and Technology