[Condor-users] Ways to limit schedd from accepting and/or starting jobs:

I've asked on this list before how to stop jobs from running at
the schedd level, as opposed to doing condor_off -peaceful
or turning START = FALSE on every single worker node.

There are two scenarios:

In one, the schedd still accepts submissions, keeps track
of all running jobs, but doesn't try to negotiate any new ones.
It appears this can be done by setting the MAX_JOBS_RUNNING
macro to zero and doing condor_reconfig, although I have not
tested that yet.

The other would be:
The schedd doesn't take any new submissions, but supervises
the draining of its existing queue, getting jobs run until there
are no more left in the queue to run.

I haven't seen anything in the manual that might accomplish this.
Has anyone figured out how to do it?  If not, can we request this feature?

Thanks

Steve Timm

Steven C. Timm, Ph.D  (630) 840-8525  timm@xxxxxxxx  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Fermilab Computing Div/Core Support Services Dept./Scientific Computing Section
Assistant Group Leader, Farms and Clustered Systems Group
Lead of Computing Farms Team