Re: [Condor-users] Ways to limit schedd from accepting and/or starting jobs:

On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 03:31:19PM -0500, Steven Timm wrote:

> Really what I would like to do is to do condor_off -all -peaceful
> and let all the running jobs finish up.
> The use case here is draining the queue nicely before a major system
> upgrade, which we are doing next week.

Why bother? Either you can use condor_off -peaceful and leave a bunch
of machines idle, or you can let everything run as long as it can and
then restart. (Some sort of external resources in use? startup load?)

Except for the power savings, there's effectively no difference between
an idle CPU and a CPU where the job was killed. Either way, you didn't
recover those cycles.

-Erik