[Condor-users] Chirp/Parrot for Job Submission (R software)

Hi Dan/Douglas,

I am trying to submit R software (Statistical Software) Job to condor.

The problem is I don’t have shared file system and hence the job fails while executing on the remote node (which doesn’t have R installed, and also we don’t know the path etc). So I was wondering if I installed R software on Chirp Server, which also running in the same machine as condor central manager (job submitting node), the job running on the remote node can use R software through Parrot on the Chirp server. Is it possible? Please let me know if you have any better suggestion for this problem.

Please let me know.

So the job submission will look something like this.

Original Job Specification

*****************************

Executable = /usr/lib/R/bin/R

arguments = --vanilla

universe = vanilla

Log = Ra0.log

notification = error

input = a0

output = a0.Rout

error =Ra0.err

should_transfer_files = YES

when_to_transfer_output = ON_EXIT

Queue

Job Specification with Chirp and Parrot

Executable = parrot

arguments = -H R --vanilla

universe = vanilla

Log = Ra0.log

environment = LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/chirp/servername/library

notification = error

input = a0

output = a0.Rout

error =Ra0.err