Re: [Condor-users] PERMISSION DENIED to unknown userfromhostandconnection to astro.cs.wisc.edu

>I ran into those same error messages.  It turns out the 6.8.2 installer
>for Windows does not do the appropriate thing.  If you tell it to join an
>existing pool, well it does, but it insists on running a collector/negotiator
>process of its own.  While relatively harmless, it does clutter the real
>collector log with error messages, and for this reason alone I'm still using
>the 6.6.11 installer for Windows.  Hopefully someone from the Condor team can
>fix this problem soon, or explain to me why it isn't one =)

As a follow-up I've compared the config file with the one from version 6.6.11 and I've changed :
DAEMON_LIST = MASTER COLLECTOR NEGOTIATOR SCHEDD STARTD
to :
DAEMON_LIST = MASTER SCHEDD STARTD
On all submitting machines (Windows and Linux) and restarted condor. It seems it fixed this particular issue.
Yes it seems the Windows installer was doing a better job at creating the initial configuration file in previous versions.
----
Fabrice Bouyé (http://fabricebouye.cv.fm/)
Research Officer (Data)
Tel: +687 26 20 00 (Ext 411)