Re: [Condor-users] Scheduler : job staying idle when submited onlyonce or twice

>>Please run condor_reschedule from the submit host and see if that helps.
>>
>>There were many earlier discussions about jobs not starting for a long time.
>>You may want to read the archives for more details.
>>
>>Regards,
>>Sateesh
>

>Hi Sateesh,
>
>Thank you so much for your response--running condor_reschedule was the answer I was looking for!
>I do remember reading about it in the archives a while back when I first encountered this problem but
>seemed to have overlooked it again. Thank you for your help!

Actually we fixed that particular issue by setting the submitting machines to not having a collector and a negotiator of their own.
In the config file, change :
DAEMON_LIST = MASTER COLLECTOR NEGOTIATOR SCHEDD STARTD
to :
DAEMON_LIST = MASTER SCHEDD STARTD
and restart condor.
Now single jobs seem to be dispatches and executed properly on available nodes.

----
Fabrice Bouyé (http://fabricebouye.cv.fm/)
Research Officer (Data)
Tel: +687 26 20 00 (Ext 411)