[Condor-users] UID_DOMAIN and SOFT_UID_DOMAIN

A quick check on how these work in tandem:

I have a single UID for our network. If I have a login on any linux/unix box,
I will have the same username and same UID as I do on any other.

However we don't have common filestore nor a common password file so my UID
is in very few of the other machine's password files.

are the setting I should use, UID_DOMAIN=true and SOFT_UID_DOMAIN=true ?

I currently use UID_DOMAIN=${FULL_HOSTNAME}. This means all jobs run as nobody.

How is this likely to interact/interfere with our Windows machines which are on
the same network?

Cheers

JK