Re: [Condor-users] Local directory

Roger Mason <rmason@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ./condor_configure --install=/home/rmason/condor-6.8.2/release.tar \
> --install-dir=/usr/local/condor \
> --local-dir=/home/condor/hosts/bert \
> --type=submit,execute \
> --owner=condor \
> --central-manager=fred.esd.mun.ca
>
> which produces this error:
>
> ERROR: Can't read config source /home/condor/condor_config.local
> Unable to find local directory!

I spoke with Roger Mason directly via email and we sorted it out.
Here's the summary for anyone interested:

condor_configure looks in etc/condor_config in your --install-dir
dir.  (So in this case /usr/local/condor/etc/condor_config.)  If
it finds that file it assumes that this is an upgrade and tries
to read the file.  For this work, the condor_config needs to be
valid.  If you specify one or more LOCAL_CONFIG_FILEs those file
either must exist, or REQUIRE_LOCAL_CONFIG_FILE must be FALSE.
If the file is invalid you'll get an error like the above.

--
Alan De Smet                              Condor Project Research
adesmet@xxxxxxxxxxx                 http://www.condorproject.org/