Re: [Condor-users] closing queues

Arnau,

If you have direct control over the tickets that are created to submit
jobs (i.e. your users are not writing their own submit tickets) you can
force new jobs entering the system to be submitted in the 'held' state.
These jobs are not considered for execution during the negotiation
cycles. You can then consider the scheduler "closed" when there are no
jobs in the idle or running state. This doesn't stop your users from
being able to submit jobs.

Of course if your users are writing their own submit tickets and calling
condor_submit themselves there's no way to enforce this. So lets turn
this into a feature request: can I get a schedd config setting that
forces incoming jobs to be held? I could use periodic_hold for this but
I'd rather not rely on a cron-type setting to take care of this. It
should be a submit-time setting. I could get even more generic with the
request: can I get a way to override job submission attributes at the
schedd? So no matter what the user says in their ticket, if they submit
to a particular schedd the schedd can dictate something different.
That'd be cool.

- Ian