Re: [Condor-users] IN_HIGHPORT/IN_LOWPORT being ignored

> But when I restart condor it doesn't seem to honor those settings.  I
> don't find any reference to them in the logs, and the all the daemons
> which listen on dynamic ports are choosing something over 32000.

did you restart the master also?  the master is actually the daemon that
picks the ports.  so if you simply ran 'condor_restart' that does NOT restart
the master, and so it will not take effect.  do this:

  condor_restart -master

or:
  condor_reconfig -master
  condor_restart

however, the latter will not force the master to re-bind within the port
range.

cheers,
-zach