Re: [Condor-users] IN_HIGHPORT/IN_LOWPORT being ignored

On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 04:24:50PM -0500, Zachary Miller wrote:

> > But when I restart condor it doesn't seem to honor those settings.  I
> > don't find any reference to them in the logs, and the all the daemons
> > which listen on dynamic ports are choosing something over 32000.
>
> did you restart the master also?

Yep.  In fact, since we sometimes have trouble with
restarting/reconfiguring via the condor_ commands, I shut down the whole
system and kill(1)ed the master, then started it all again.  When that
didn't work I rebooted.  No joy.

>   condor_restart -master
>
> or:
>   condor_reconfig -master
>   condor_restart

For good measure, I just tried these too.  No difference.