[Condor-users] playing with *VIRTUAL_MACHINE*

Hi,

I'm the admin of a condor cluster of dual Opterons, running Condor
6.8.0. I'm now playing with the *VIRTUAL_MACHINE* features, and now
I've set each node to be split 80/20. I have a question: is it
possible to assign VM with overlapping resources? As an example, I'd
like each node to be available either as:

- 1 cpu, 100% mem; (num=1)
- 2 cpu, 100% mem; (num=1)
- 1 cpu, 50% mem; (num=2)

so that each node would be available as a single vm with all the
memory, or as a node for MPI jobs, or as a regular half-resources
node. The idea is that if/when a job uses i.e. the first
configuration, then the other two configs become unavailable. I've
tried this configuration, but the startd complains about unavailable
resources (either cpu or memory...). This would make the configuration
more flexible to the user's needs. Any comment will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Pasquale