[Condor-users] Install problem on Win XP

Dear all,

I`m rookie in condor. I tried to setup condor on WinXp as NEW POOL(ver info $CondorVersion: 6.8.1 Sep 18 2006  $
$CondorPlatform: INTEL-WINNT50 $). Then i tried to run condor_status. It fails with:
CEDAR:6001:Failed to connect to <xxx.xx.my.ip:9618>
Error: Couldn't contact the condor_collector on MY_HOST_NAME.

Extra Info: the condor_collector is a process that runs on the central
manager of your Condor pool and collects the status of all the machines and
jobs in the Condor pool. The condor_collector might not be running, it might
be refusing to communicate with you, there might be a network problem, or
there may be some other problem. Check with your system administrator to fix
this problem.

According to error i checked condor_collector. it is really not in Windows Service List. when i examine Task manager i see onlu condor_master working,
if i examine Control Panel-> admin tools-> services there is the same situation  - only condor_master is in list. But according to http://condor.optena.com/display/CONDOR/A+Simple+XP+Installation - i should see condor_collector , condor_negotiator and others after Installation.

So : how to solve it?

--
Best wishes, Andrew V. Novoselsky