Re: [Condor-users] Console Logins

Hi,

I'm think what you're referring to is described in the manual, specifically in section 3.6.8.4:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.8/3_6Startd_Policy.html#SECTION00468400000000000000

Also, 3.6.10.1 describes the built-in blinky lights condor provides to tell you whether the keyboard/console is being used:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.8/3_6Startd_Policy.html#SECTION004610100000000000000

If you have these settings in your configuration, but they aren't working properly (e.g. condor isn't detecting your USB keyboard/mouse as part of the console), that's a different problem that you should mention you are having trouble with.

Good luck!

 - Armen

Jim Summers wrote:
Still haven't found much on this.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Jim Summers wrote:
Hello List,

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on how I can get condor to suspend a running job if a user is actually sitting at the console and they use the mouse or keyboard? The machines in question, have USB only keyboards and mice. I have condor-6.8.1 installed.

I saw mention of a condor_kbdd but have not found that on my installation. I really don't want to get into having to build a custom kernel, so I was hoping to find another solution. Is there possibly a policy variable that could be tweaked to handle this situation?

TIA

--
Armen Babikyan
MIT Lincoln Laboratory