[Condor-users] condor_submit to remote schedd windows to linux and vice versa

Hi All

I've been having a fiddle using condor_submit with the -r option
to submit to a remote schedd.

We are running 6.8.0 on a mixture of windows (mainly) and linux
(a few) machines.

Default settings seem to work OK with windows, i.e. remote submit
from a windows to another windows schedd.

Default settings don't work with linux, BUT do if we explicity add
CLAIMTOBE as one of the authentication methods, i.e. remote submit
is then OK from linux to another linux schedd.

However linux to windows, or windows to linux NEVER seems to work,
even with CLAIMTOBE and ANONYMOUS included as methods. We've also
tried SEC_DEFAULT_AUTHENTICATION = NEVER but it still fails both
ways saying authentication failed.

Not super important as we are more interested in linux to linux
and setting it up with GSI for an external Globus to condor gateway,
but curious all the same if it's supposed to work between OS'es.

Cheers

Greg

Greg Hitchen
greg.hitchen@xxxxxxxx
CSIRO ITSR (IT Supporting Research)			phone:+61 8 6436
8663
Australian Resources Research Centre (ARRC)	fax:	+61 8 6436 8555
Postal address:						mob:	0407 952
748
PO Box 1130, Bentley WA 6102, Australia
Street Address:
26 Dick Perry Avenue, Kensington WA 6151