[Condor-users] Permission setup for MasterLog

Dear All,

I just tried to setup a local Condor grid in our lab. The first problem I encountered is as follows:

[root@albinoni local]# /condor/sbin/condor_master

Can't open "/condor/local/log/MasterLog"

10/18 09:30:18 dprintf() had a fatal error in pid 12529

Can't open "/condor/local/log/MasterLog"

errno: 13 (Permission denied)

euid: 123, ruid: 0

I ran as root to start the daemon, but it could not write on MasterLog.  MasterLog is owned by daemon.root. I modified the permission of MasterLog so everyone can write on it, and condor_master was executed without any complaints. But, now comes a new problem:

>ps

  PID TTY          TIME CMD

12235 pts/0    00:00:00 su

12236 pts/0    00:00:00 bash

12268 pts/0    00:00:00 tcsh

12303 pts/0    00:00:00 bash

12623 pts/0    00:00:00 ps

No condor daemon running at all !!!

Could somebody give me a hint or better a solution to these?

Thanks,

Guoli