Re: [Condor-users] Submit job from the UW Madison CS lab computers

Kevin,

We normally run Condor schedds only on UW-CS servers or personal workstations, not public workstations. This is in part because schedds require a higher level of reliability; if someone turned off a public lab machine, any jobs managed by that schedd would be stuck until the machine was rebooted.

Although remote submission like you describe is possible, I'd recommend directly logging in to a machine with a local schedd and submitting jobs there instead, as it's a bit easier to manage.

If you don't have access to any such machines in the department, email condor-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx and we'll gladly hook you up with an account on one.

Thanks,

-Peter