Re: [Condor-users] using an alternate email prgram instead of condor_mail??

On 10/24/06, John Wheez <john@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
        Hello,

I noticed that the config file lets us specify any e-mail sending
program we wish..the only requirement is the the program understand -
s specifies teh subject...

I'd like to use a python script to send email..so what would this
look like on the command line???

something like this?

mailer.py "-s This is the subject" arg2 arg3

$MAIL -s $SUBJECT [-relay $SMTP_SERVER] ADR1 [ADR2] [ADR3] ...[ADRn]

Where $MAIL is your MAIL parameter. and ADRx is the address list
(guaranteed to be at least one)

-relay SMTP_SERVER only applies on windows so you shouldn't get it passed to you

Then your mailer should accept the body of the email on it's stdin (I
don't know my C well enough to determine if you are meant to spot a
null on the stream as end of message or detect your stdin closed).

Various variables are inserted into the environment for use by the
process such as LOGNAME - since these are not documented in anyway I
suggest you do not rely on them.

This is from a very quick scan of the code - someone might correct any
glaring errors I have made I hope :)

Matt