Re: [Condor-users] MRTG/HotSaNIC monitoring of Condor pools

Looks cool.  Did you really have 65000 jobs idle at the end of September?

Ian

Alexandru IOSUP wrote:
Hello,

The Condor Team has developed the Condor View tool [ http://condor-view.cs.wisc.edu/condor-view-applet/ ], which displays statistics about: + machine utilization/status, for the last hour/day/week/month, and per month for the last year + number of idle/running jobs per user, and peaks of this metric, for the last hour/day/week/month, and per month for the last year The Condor View set of tools should come with the Condor distribution; if not, you may probably ask the Condor Team for help.

We (Parallel Systems Group/TU Delft) have developed a set of Python scripts that analyze various logs, including Condor Schedd logs, and output the following statistics:
+ system utilization over time
+ job arrival rate during hourly intervals
+ CDFs of the most important job characteristics (run time, wait time, memory consumption, etc.) + number of submitted jobs and consumed CPU time per user/group, total and per week
+ number of running/waiting jobs during hourly intervals
+ system throughput during hourly intervals
+ overall system metrics: A(W)WT, A(W)RT, A(W)SD, average (wait) time deviation A(W)TD An article describing the application of these scripts on (full/partial) traces from Grid3, LCG, TeraGrid, DAS-2 can be found at [ http://pds.twi.tudelft.nl/reports/2006/PDS-2006-003/PDS-2006-003.pdf ]: A. Iosup, C. Dumitrescu, D.H.J. Epema, H. Li, L. Wolters, How are Real Grids Used? The Analysis of Four Grid Traces and Its Implications, The 7th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Grid Computing (Grid), Barcelona, September 28-29, 2006. We have also applied our tools on Condor Schedd logs from the GLOW environment [ http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/glow/ ], and a technical report is currently under way.
All our scripts are available upon request.

You may also check the available Condor Tools [ http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/tools/ ].

Best regards,

Alexandru

----- Original Message ----- From: "Heiko Reese" <Heiko.Reese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>