[Condor-users] java_maxheap_argument

Hi everyone,

I'm still having problems configuring a machine on my pool. It is visible on the pool with the condor_status command but condor_status -java and condor_starter -classad seem to imply it is not able to create the JVM. I checked the JVM to be properly installed on the machine independent of Condor but I have a feeling that it is allocating too much physical memory onto the condor heap.

All the other machines in the pool run with about the same amount of physical memory (~384 MB RAM) but only this machine is having problems.

Does anyone know how to determine what the correct/suitable value should be for the JAVA_MAXHEAP_ARGUMENT variable in the condor_config file? I have tried all the values that have been suggested through this list ( i.e. -Xmx1906m, -Xmx760M).

Thanks!

Emily