Re: [Condor-users] How do you add machines to the central manager?

Still the problem exists. Is it really on DNS matter?...And how can I
set-up DNS? I am using three machines with Scientific Linux 4.3 OS (with
DHCP private IPs) and three machines with SuSE 9.3 OS (with global IP).
Can I set-up local DNS server and clients for these machines with mixed
IPs (local/private and global) and have different platforms/OS? How?

Leo

> Hi,
>
>   You can set HOSTALLOW_WRITE = <your central manager hostname>
>
>   example:
>   HOSTALLOW_WRITE = system23@grid
>
>   it will work, check...
>
>   regards
>   Viswanadh.K
>   M.Tech, VIT.
>
> Doug Baggett <dbaggett@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>   Why is write set to x.x.x.* instead of just *. I don't think it should
> make
> a difference but you never know.
>
> There is some info about having the hosts properly in DNS and/or something
> you have to do if they are not properly in DNS, so I'd consult that
> section
> of the docs.
>

> On 9/5/06 1:25 PM, "leo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Doug,
>>
>> Thanks for the reply...I have follow-up questions...
>>
>>> I'd check the following....
>>>
>>> 1. HOSTALLOW_READ and HOSTALLOW_WRITE (on both your central manager and
>>> the
>>> clients) - make sure your domain is properly entered. You can check the
>>> current values by becoming the condor userid your are using to run
>>> condor
>>> and use condor_config_val (in the bin directory where you installed
>>> condor)
>>>
>>> "condor_config_val -verbose HOSTALLOW_READ"
>>> "condor_config_val -verbose HOSTALLOW_WRITE"
>>
>> The were set OK. HOSTALLOW_READ = *
>> HOSTALLOW_WRITE = x.x.x.*
>>
>>> 2. Check your firewall settings on the hosts and the central manager.
>>> As
>>> an
>>> initial test turn them off.
>>
>> This is fine...I have it checked by our admin.
>>
>>> 3. Unless you have configured your condor clients to work without
>>> proper
>>> DNS