[Condor-users] Windows and the Java Universe

Hi All

I have a Windows XP based condor pool running Condor 6.6.11 configured to pick
up the JRE installed on the machines.  All of the machines are running the same
configuration of Condor which is installed via a batch file.  Only a handful of
machines with the JRE installed appear when doing condor_status -java.  Those
machines are unfortunately not running our standard disk image, they are running
a virgin Windows XP installation - I say unfortunately because I think our
standard disk image is part of the problem.

Machine A runs our standard image, does not appear when doing condor_status
-java, but it does run java jobs. Machine B runs a virgin installation, does
appear when doing condor_status -java, and also runs java jobs. The curious
thing is that both machines will run java jobs using a submit script that uses
vanilla and sends a batch file that calls the java executable with the
appropriate parameters.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what might cause Condor in general to work,
but condor_status -java and therefore the Java universe to fail on Windows XP
running our standard image ?

Thanks in advance

James

---

Dr James Osborne, BSc (hons), PhD
High End Computing Support Engineer
Information Services, Cardiff University, 50 Park Place, Cardiff CF10 3AT,
Wales UK
Tel: +44(0)29 2087 4657
Fax: +44(0)29 2087 4285
Email: osborneja1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx