Re: [Condor-users] Condor 6.8.1 - Job not properly linked for Condor

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006, Alfonso Olias Sanz wrote:

Hi I am running Condor on a Kubuntu edgy  and I get this error
submitting a simple job.

This is my submit file
########################
# Submit description file for hello program
########################
Executable     = /bin/echo
Universe       = standard
Input          = echo.in
Output         = echo.out
Log            = echo.log
Queue

002 (007.000.000) 09/20 17:42:55 (1) Job not properly linked for Condor.

Jobs submitted to the standard universe have to be compiled with the condor_compile command, which links to various libraries. Read

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.8/2_4Road_map_Running.html

for a description of the Condor universes, and in particular Sec 2.4.1.1 explains all about submitting to the standard universe. You should try changing the universe to vanilla instead of standard.

Adam