Re: [Condor-users] Condor-C and SGE

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006, Nathan Harmston wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I know that currently Condor-C supports submission to PBS and LSF
> queues, I was wondering if it was possible to submit to a SGE queue via
> Condor-C or if there are any plans to allow Condor-C to be able to do
> this?

(trying to answer over a very rickety wireless connection at the EGEE
conference in Geneva)

We are in the process of extending the 'BLAH' component, that interfaces
Condor to batch systems, to support SGE. This is currently being taken
care of by our swiss (SWITCH) EGEE collaborators, and is in progress. I
add Christoph Witzig from SWITCH in Cc:, so that he can provide an
expected timeframe for the completion of this activity. He should be
around this conference as well, but haven't chanced to meet him yet.

Francesco Prelz
INFN Milano