Re: [Condor-users] difficulty with putting a wrapper around condor_submit

On Sep 27, 2006, at 11:44 AM, R. Kent Wenger wrote:

First of all, to clarify a bit -- your script is condor_submit, and the
original condor_submit is now condor_submit.real, is that correct?

 Yea, that's right.

The "failed while reading from pipe" message is from DAGMan itself -- it's
trying to read the output of condor_submit, so if your script outputs
something too different, it will fail. DAGMan is looking for a line like
this:

    1 job(s) submitted to cluster 490.

Does the "Failed to parse -a" come from your script?  DAGMan passes a
bunch of -a arguments to condor_submit; if your script can't deal with
those, and pass them along to the real condor_submit, things will fail.

Nope, the wrapper just sends all of the args sent to it on to the real condor_submit.
 "Failed to parse -a" comes from the real condor_submit..

But, that all said, Steve Timm direct-emailed me and notes "Sometimes
condor_submit_dag will send arguments to condor_submit with embedded
spaces, that is the trick."

he sent me his (bash, rather than perl) condor_submit wrapper, which I used as
a start to change mine from perl to bash, and now dagman seems to work.

Thanks for the help,

-Preston

--
Preston Smith  <psmith@xxxxxxxxxx>