Re: [Condor-users] Dag log changes in 8.1?

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006, [ISO-8859-1] Horvátth Szabolcs wrote:

> I found a strange change in how the dagman job stores its log-file's
> path. Up to 8.1 the
> "Args" attribute of a dagman job had its "-Condorlog" value point to the
> log file
> defined for the jobs. For 6.8.1 the same value points to the .dag.log file.
>
> I used this attribute to find the log file associated with the dagman
> job to gather some data about the whole dag.
> At the moment it does not work and I'm not sure if this change was
> intentional - the .dag.log
> file does not contain much data - and I should create a workaround or
> its just a bug and its
> better waiting for 6.8.2 to fix it.

I just took a look at this, and it was a bug/unintentional change.  I'm
changing it back for 6.8.2.

However, the -Condorlog argument to DAGMan is almost obsolete (things
wouldn't have worked right otherwise!) and it's pretty dangerous to rely
on this -- that argument may go away entirely at some time in the future.

So I'd say that things will work for you in 6.8.2, but you should probably
move away from relying on -Condorlog for the medium term.

Kent Wenger
Condor Team